With a lot of educational and working facilities being closed all around the globe, a number of organizations as well as companies are offering their tools and resources for free to be used throughout the stay-at-home period.
Below are some of the tools and resources that you can register and use instantly from home, be it for educational purposes, communication and even remote working:
- Scholastic – Includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video. Kids can do them on their own, with their families, or with their teachers. Just find your grade level and let the learning begin! Click here to access.
- Discovery Education – Discovery Education is a company whose mission is to prepare learners for future success by connecting them to the world outside the classroom. Click here to access.
- Kahoot! – To further empower educators who have to switch to distance learning in this difficult time, we’re providing free access to Kahoot! Premium to any educational institution impacted by the coronavirus. Click here to access.
- MobyMax – MobyMax helps struggling learners quickly catch up to grade level and closes learning gaps for all students. Click here to access.
- Scribd – Read book and audiobooks for free within 30 days. Cancel anytime. Click here to access.
- Adobe XD – Adobe XD is a vector-based user experience design tool for web apps and mobile apps, developed and published by Adobe Inc. Click here to access.
- Canva – Canva is a graphic design platform that allows users to create social media graphics, presentations, posters and other visual content. Click here to access. Note: You can get a premium account for free using your university’s email, click here to find out more.
- Figma – A better way to design collaboratively. Design, prototype, and gather feedback all in one place with Figma. Click here to access.
- Invision – InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. Click here to access.
- Unsplash – High quality non-copyrighted images to be used in your project. Click here to access.
- Webflow – Build responsive websites in your browser, then launch with our world-class hosting or export your code. Click here to access.
- Google Sites – Build a free website for your business easily. Click here to access.
- Wix.com – Create a free website with Wix.com. Choose a stunning template and customize anything with the Wix website builder—no coding skills needed. Click here to access.
- List of free concerts online by The Star. Click here to access.
- Free Astro Go for non-subscribers during MCO period. Click here to access.
- Planet Fitness – Livestream work-ins daily. Click here to access.
Arts and Culture Resources
- Museum Tour by Google Arts and Google. Click here to access.
Video Conferencing Resources
- Cisco Webex – Cisco Webex is the leading enterprise solution for video conferencing, online meetings, screen share, and webinars. Free for unlimited usage during stay-in period. Click here to access.
- Zoom – Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars. Click here to access.
- Krisp.ai – Krisp introduces a free tier. All users get 120min/week of free noise cancellation. Teachers, students, hospital and government users get unlimited Krisp for free.Click here to access.
Tools and Other Resources
- Sli.do – Slido is the ultimate Q&A and polling platform for meetings and events. It offers interactive Q&A, live polls and insights about your audience. Click here to access.
- Genially – The tool for creating interactive content that makes your audience fall in love. Communicate, educate, and attract by bringing your content to life. They’re offering their premium designs free forever. Click here to access.
- Lark – Lark combines a multitude of essential collaboration tools in a single interconnected platform, including Chat, Calendar, Creation and Cloud storage. These functions are always in sync, and are easily accessible from one to the next. Free usage to all businesses. Click here to access.
- Startup Commons – Startup Commons online innovation entrepreneurship curriculum courses is now globally available for free. Click here to access.
- MaGIC Digital Business Academy – The unique learning content of the MaGIC DBA is developed jointly with Tech Nation UK and UK’s leading academic institutions as well as a large number of highly successful scale-up entrepreneurs in the UK namely, Academic contributors: University College London, Cambridge Judge Business School, Entrepreneurial contributors: Founder Centric and leading UK entrepreneurs from Tech Nation’s late stage Future Fifty programme. Click here to access.
- Freecodecamp – 450 Ivy League courses that is available for free. Click here to access.
- Fullstackopen – Getting started with Web Development through React. Click here to access.
- Says.com wrote an article on how to utilize the Malaysia National Library resources. Click here to access.
We shall be updating the list continuously with free (and used to be premium) products and services that you can use at home. Stay safe!
*Updated March 19, 2020 – Added two new resource categories, Design and Prototype
*Updated March 22, 2020 – Added Astro Go and Scribd